10.11.2011

Who wants a recipe?!

Well I feel terrible for neglecting you all so badly so I'm going to share something with you all.
It's only been within the last few years that I learned I even LIKE pumpkin. I was never willing to try it so I missed out on decades of yum, don't make that mistake people!
so to help you get over it I'm going to share my latest drink I've been enjoying. It's warm, sweet, flavorful but not overpowering. Perfect for fall, and even better, I have a ton of pumpkin puree from baking sitting in my fridge.
Pumpkin Chai Latte
milk of your choice- I've been using vanilla almond milk because dairy and I have been fighting for a good while now
chai mix, I like the crappy powdered stuff, the concentrate you get at the grocery store is good too, just go with whatever you prefer.
pumpkin puree, I have canned, you may have some you've made for pie, it doesn't matter just make sure it's not bad or anything :)
pumpkin pie spice, you could also just use ground nutmeg and cinnamon, use what you've got.

 Heat milk (saucepan if you're good, microwave if you're like me and impatient) mix chai and milk, stir til thoroughly combined, add pumpkin puree, start with a small spoonful and add more until you find your perfect ratio (I like a heaping spoonful) now add a couple dashes of your spices and stir.
You're done, go sit down and enjoy that it's finally fall (woooooo it's no longer 100+ here in Texas! AND we got rain!!!)

1 comment:

Tess said...

I'm making this. It sounds fab.